You will meet down at Derwent Water; head past Theatre by the Lake, staying on the top path next to the railings, at the end of the railings bear right at the end of the road and there is a bay opposite a driveway with some large boulders leading down to the water, we will be there on the left by the wall.
- Everyone attends this swim at their own risk as this is not a guided or life-guarded event.
- Please make sure you are fit and well and are confident enough to be in the water (at your own risk) at the colder temperature for this time of year.
- Only you know how acclimatised you are and we are not responsible for any accidents or injuries as well as after drop.
- You are advised to bring a tow float with you for added safety, and if you have any sort of portable light then bring that too! it can be used to go in your tow float or to leave on the shore, the nights are drawing in so it’s likely to be dark already at 5:30 pm!
- Warm clothing is essential, for before and after, and if you want a complete deluxe experience, wrap your clothing up in a hot water bottle for when you get out!
- Bring your own hot drink also for your walk back and don’t forget your bobble hat! (warm witches and wizards hats are also ok!)
- Fancy dress is advised but not essential, but there will be a prize for the best outfit so get creative!
- Please book your spot, you will checked off the attendee list at the lake so if you can’t make it, let us know so we aren’t waiting at the water for you.
- Flasks of hot chocolate will be brought along so you can enjoy a warm beverage after your dip along with a tasty sweet and spooky treat.
- All funds raised go to the Alpkit Foundation.