A 2-hour workshop with a foraging expert, including ID guidance, finding and tasting wild ingredients and a walk in The Lake District
- Are you looking to reconnect with nature having spent too much time inside?
- Are you having a rethink about your impact on the natural world?
- Maybe you want to try to source food from somewhere other than your local supermarket?
- Or, are you just a food-lover who wants to try new and unique flavours?
This is your chance – find out what delicious wild food grows in typical UK countryside and learn how to forage for yourself!
Event sold out or can’t make this date? Head to www.foragebox.co.uk/workshops to browse all available sessions.
This course is designed to get you as involved as possible
This includes identifying, picking and tasting a range of wild species that will be found on the day. There will also be lots of samples of food and drink for everyone to get stuck into!
The focus of all of our workshops is on the 4 ‘F’s of Foraging: Fungi, Fruit, Flowers and Foliage. We aim for an array of these elements on every session we run (weather and season permitting!)
We like to keep some elements a surprise for the day, but here is what you can expect from your Foraging Workshop:
- A short introduction outlining foraging tips, safety, ethics, etiquette and law
- A circular walking route taking in different growing environments around the site
- A closer look at edible wild species and any poisonous lookalikes by a professional forager
- A chance to slow the pace of modern life down, meet new people and immerse yourself in a soul-nourishing activity, reconnecting with nature and discovering new flavours.
- Small tasters of wild food, drink and preserves. These may include liqueurs, syrups, salts, jams, wines and even freshly picked items straight from the hedgerow. We’ve even been known to fry up some species we find on the day or enjoy a fresh pot of wild tea using plants found on-site
- Each course is run in an informal fashion, where attendee questions and contributions are more than welcome
At the end of the session, there may be a small selection of our wild products available to purchase (card and cash accepted). This is a recent element of our events after enough attendees made enquiries about it – there is no pressure to buy anything having already bought tickets but sometimes people want a souvenir to take with them!