Join Jo from JAG Outdoors for a walk around the forest at night!
The walk will cover 5-7 miles in the forest and out onto the fell tops just outside the forest bounds, depending on the weather and conditions.
This is a more challenging event than our standard Dark Skies Walks, taking around 2-3 hours for the walk. Weather permitting you will be able to stop for some amazing star-gazing opportunities. As an amateur astronomer, Jo can help you have some fun finding the major constellations and will have star maps and guides on hand.
Please be aware the route will be on a range of surfaces and may be wet and muddy. It’s essential to wear appropriate clothing and footwear (think Cumbria, dark, cold, wet, did I mention cold?!) for the fells, as well as extra layers, a waterproof and some food and drink.
- If possible, please bring a torch per person. A red filter is ideal for when we stop to star gaze otherwise we will be turning the torches off!!
- Dogs and children welcome – please be aware of the more remote and challenging nature of this walk. Babies in carriers are able to join for free and sleep away the night.
- Please bring a flask of warm drink and a snack or two for yourselves.
- Children under 12 must be within reach of their responsible appropriate adult at all times
- Children older than 12 must have an adult responsible for them on site for the event.
- Standard ticket (over 12s) – £20
- 1 adult + up to 2 under 12s – £32
- 2 adults + up to 3 under 12s – £50
Dogs welcome: Book your Dog-friendly Keswick Cottage.