RIVERSIDE LODGE PROVIDES EXCELLENT ACCOMMODATION, FIT FOR ROYALTY!
Dating back to the 1700s and one of three stunning characterful properties under the same ownership, Riverside Lodge shares in a delightful lawned picnic area right at the water’s edge. Accessed via a footbridge from the parking area, the entrance is at the rear and into a stone flagged snug with exposed beams and games room with pool table, a great way to spend an evening. Incredibly, one of the flagstones bears an inscription noting that none other than Bonnie Prince Charlie rested here – now there’s a claim to fame!
THE MAIN LIVING SPACE
The main living space is on the first floor, traditionally furnished with deep cushioned sofas arranged around a wood burning stove, large dining space and fully fitted and functioning kitchen, well thought out for a larger party. On the top floor sit three excellent bedrooms, one kingsize with en-suite shower room and two full size twin rooms sharing in a luxurious bathroom with deep bath, separate shower cubicle, handbasin and WC.
Riverside Lodge is dog friendly so your four legged friends can join in the fun too – and what dog doesn’t love a paddle?
Secure storage is available for sports equipment if required and there’s private, off road parking for three cars.
- Laundry Facilities
- Log Burner
- Boot / Drying Area
- Garden or Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Pub within 1 mile
- Central to town
- Near lake or river
Children & Pets
- Travel Cot
- Dog Friendly2 dogs welcome.
- High Chair
Layout & Access
- Snug: Freesat TV with comfortable seating around a large log burner (initial fuel supplied)
- Games area: With full-size pool table, cues, walking maps and books
- Boot and drying room
- Shared Laundry: with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Lounge: Freesat TV, Blue-ray player and DVD player, deep, comfortable Sofas around a log burner (initial fuel supplied)
- Dining Room: with a large dining table for all guests
- Kitchen: with dishwasher, microwave, double oven, induction hob, fridge/freezer
- Bedroom 1: Kingsize bed, Freesat TV
- Ensuite shower room
- Bedroom 2: 3ft 6in twin beds with Freeview TV
- Bedroom 3: 3ft 6in twin beds with Freeview TV
- Bathroom: Luxurious bathroom with large bath, seperate shower, hand basin and WC
- The property has gas central heating throughout with Lakeland stone-flagged floors.
- All gas, electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Cot and highchair available from Lakeland Retreats
- Wi-Fi available
- Parking for 3 cars
- Covered porch large enough to accommodate six bikes at the property. The porch is not used for access.
- Shared garden with lawn overlooking the river with seating
- 2 well-behaved pets allowed
Please note: The access to the property is from the main parking area and via a private footbridge, unloading at the door only.