LANTY SLEE, AMBLESIDE
Taking its name from the notorious local farmer and quarryman-turned smuggler, ‘Lancelot’ Lanty Slee, this pretty Lakeland cottage sits in one of the oldest parts of Ambleside just on North Road. Offering a convenient and comfortable retreat, whatever time of year you choose to visit the Lakes.
Enter Lanty Slee from the front and straight into the cosy, colourful lounge where you’ll find comfortable, retro furnishings set against wooden floors with rugs, all arranged around a wood burning stove set in an Inglenook, colour TV with SMART TV dongle.
A sunny open hallway leads to the rear access of the house and from here, a beautiful handmade spiral staircase leads down to the contemporary, well fitted kitchen diner, an attractive room providing a perfect blend of the old and new; the stylish units set against a backdrop of flagged floors, exposed old beams and a feature black range.
On the first floor lie two superb new washroom facilities, one with a shower over the bath, the other a stylish shower room – you get a great view over the village towards Loughrigg Fell from the bathroom.
The main double bedroom is on this floor, prettily decorated with wooden floors and an original feature fireplace.
On the second floor are two further bedrooms; a bright and sunny twin to the front of the house and a smaller double to the rear with access to only one side of the bed making this facility suitable for one adult or two young children.
There’s a handy secure outhouse to the rear of the house where you can store a couple of bikes and although there is no garden here at Lanty Slee, you’re just a stone’s throw from the beautiful Rothay Park, a 10 minute stroll from the shores of Windermere and minutes away from the slopes of the majestic fell range that surrounds Ambleside.
The parking permit provided is for use on the nearby car park and can be used on several other car parks throughout South Lakeland offering you quite a saving on parking costs during your holiday.
Please note: the property is really a sleeps 5/6 due to the size and layout of the third bedroom.
- Laundry Facilitieswashing machine
- Log Burner
- Pub within 1 mile
- Central to town
Children & Pets
- High Chair
Layout & Access
AT ROAD LEVEL:
- Entrance from the front street via several slate steps
- Cosy lounge room with wood floors and rugs, wood burning stove set in an Inglenook, colour TV
- Inner hallway area with door to outside and to the rear access to Gibson’s Yard
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Accessed by way of spiral staircase, modern kitchen diner with Bluetooth speaker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, induction hob, electric fan oven and microwave. Heated airer available. Access to the outside and secure shed providing storage for bikes
- Modern bathroom with shower over bath, handbasin and WC
- Modern shower room with cubicle, handbasin and WC
- Bedroom 1: double bedroom with wooden floors and feature fireplace
- Bedroom 2: twin bedroom with wooden floors
- Bedroom 3: double bed which can only be accessed from one side more suited to a single or two small children
- Parking by way of permit on nearby SLDC carpark. One permit provided
- Lanty Slee is not suitable for toddlers and due to the unusual layout
- No pets
- All electric, bed linen and towels are included
- Gas fired central heating
- Secure storage available for two adult bikes