A Traditional Cosy Cottage in The Heart of Ambleside
Nestled in the heart of Ambleside, Graystones Cottage is a delightful two-storey Lakeland stone cottage thoughtfully renovated to provide a relaxed cottage feel with comfortable, contemporary accommodation, two bathrooms and lovely fell-top views from all the bedrooms.
The cosy lounge with comfy leather sofas is the perfect spot to relax after a day of exploring, along with a traditional slate mantel over the lounge wood-burning stove adding to the warm welcome straight through the front door. A stylish well-equipped kitchen/dining room with original slate flooring provides a great space for preparing and enjoying meals together, while a hugely useful utility area by the back door includes a washing machine, a tumble-dryer, and a large radiator with coat-hanging space above and boot-rack below for drying out kit ready for the next day’s adventures.
Upstairs, sink into comfy beds with crisp linens for a great night’s sleep and unlimited hot water from the gas combi-boiler, a luxurious soak in the freestanding Victorian-style bath or long hot showers can be enjoyed anytime.
Outside, a delightful enclosed rear courtyard garden provides a perfect sunny spot for morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after the day’s adventures. In addition, a small courtyard shed provides useful bike storage space, ideal for those looking to explore the local area on two wheels.
With polished wood flooring, and original slate flooring throughout the ground floor, Graystones Cottage is dog friendly, with one well-behaved small/medium-sized dog welcome.
- Laundry Facilities
- Log Burner
- Garden or Outside AreaEnclosed rear courtyard, with garden furniture
- ParkingPermit for 1 car
- Bike StorageRear courtyard shed available for bike storage
- Showerx2, main bathroom & wetroom
- Smart TV
- Pub within 1 mile
- Central to town
Children & Pets
- Travel Cot
- Dog FriendlyOne well behaved small/medium sized dog welcome
- High Chair
Layout & Access
- Lounge: With wood burner, two comfy leather sofas, SMART TV, Blu-ray DVD player, Bluetooth speaker and a selection of DVD’s, books and board games
- Kitchen/dining room: With dual fuel cooker (electric double oven, gas hob), separate fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave. Large dining table with seating for all
- Utility room: With washing machine and separate tumble dryer, ironing board/iron, coat & boot rack drying space
- Bedroom 1: With king-size bed and lovely views across Ambleside rooftops to Wansfell
- Main Bathroom: With Victorian-style double-ended free-standing bath, separate walk-in corner shower, WC and basin, underfloor heating and a heated towel rail
- Wetroom /Shower Room: With Shower, WC and basin, underfloor heating and towel rail
- Bedroom 2: With double bed and lovely rooftop views across Ambleside to Wansfell
- Bedroom 3: A twin room with two single beds and lovely views across Ambleside to Loughrigg
- Gas-fired central heating and wood-burning stove
- All gas, electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Enclosed rear courtyard with garden furniture
- Bike storage shed available
- Travel Cot and Highchair available
- Private parking by way of a permit for 1 car (closest car-park being King Street)
- Dog friendly - one well-behaved small/ medium dog welcome