A Quirky and Characterful Layout
Set over three floors, this diverse layout provides spacious accommodation for eight people in four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Entering from the roadside, you’re immediately welcomed into the hallway by the many homely touches and obvious outpouring of love that the owners have given to this property. To the right, you’ll find a well-equipped and modern kitchen with all the necessitates for embracing self-catering, and to your left, cloakroom and WC. A handy garage with internal access provides a washing machine, as well as ample storage for your walking gear, canoes, bicycles and anything else you might need when holidaying in this popular Lakeland resort.
Towards the back of the house, nestle down on the deep-cushioned leather sofas of the main lounge/dining room and enjoy the stunning views toward Loughrigg Fell, or take a seat on the first-floor balcony and enjoy the distant sounds of village life from afar. Sharing the lounge space sits a grand dining table – comfortably seating eight, and likely the focal point when it comes to a family games night!
Down one flight of stairs, you’ll reach the lower ground floor. Here, there’s a spacious king-sized bedroom with direct access to the sheltered patio, and a further double bedroom with a stunning outlook and plenty of storage space. A family bathroom with shower over bath also shares this level, ideally offering privacy to two families, or multi-generational gatherings, taking up residence on the first floor.
Sweeping up the staircase and past the feature ‘halved canoe bookshelf’, you’ll find the first floor which is home to two further bedrooms, one twin bedroom, and a second king-sized bedroom with sloped aspect and lots of quirky spaces. A further family house bathroom with shower over bath, basin and WC is located on this floor.
To the rear of the house is an immaculately kept lawn and well-established but tamed hedging, offering the perfect amount of privacy from where to enjoy an evening tipple and the last of the day’s sun! There’s a small raised patio area here too – ideal for a morning cuppa or dining al fresco.
- Laundry Facilitiesonly the washing machine
- Boot / Drying Area
- Garden or Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Smart TV
- Pub within 1 mile
- Central to town
Children & Pets
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
Layout & Access
LOWER GROUND FLOOR:
- King-sized bedroom with Hypnos mattress and stunning views
- Double bedroom with Hypnos mattress and direct patio access
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, basin and WC
- Immaculate gardens with outdoor furniture and views over Loughrigg Fell
- Garage with internal access and ample storage for bikes, canoes, kayaks etc. A Meile washing machine can also be found in the garage
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, electric oven, hob and microwave
- Lounge/diner with comfortable seating, balcony access and large dining table seating eight
- Cloakroom and WC
- King-sized bedroom with Hypnos mattress, sloped aspect and plentiful dressing space
- Twin bedroom with Hypnos mattresses, sloped aspect and Velux windows
- A second family bathroom with shower over bath, basin and WC
- N.B – take care with head height when moving around the bedrooms on this floor
- Gas-fired central heating throughout
- All electricity, bed linen and towels are included
- WiFi and SMART TV
- Friday and Monday changeover
- Cot and high chair available
- Sorry, no pets
- Roadside parking for two vehicles to the front of the house