A charming apartment nestled on the lower slopes of Loughrigg Fell
This lovely ground-floor apartment is just about a mile away from Ambleside Village. A splendid Victorian residence reminiscent of a bygone era when homes of such quality and grandeur were constructed in exceptional settings like this.
Enter through the Main House Grand Hall and your apartment is on the left. Journeys End has its own private entrance hall; a practical space for kicking off boots and coats.
The open-plan living room and kitchen is a spacious and elegant room, with plenty of natural light thanks to its dual aspect and full-height windows. The large bay-fronted Sash window opens onto a patio with garden views. A wood-burning stove adds charm to the room, while the high ceiling, picture rail, coving, and cornices enhance the sense of style and space.
In the kitchen area, you’ll find a welcoming space with beautiful granite worktops and modern fittings, an integrated stainless steel sink, a four-ring hob, an oven/grill, a fridge, a freezer, and a microwave. There's even a breakfast bar for dining.
The bedroom, with an en-suite shower room, is a light and airy dual-aspect double room with shuttered windows and double French doors leading to the private patio. The high ceiling, picture rail, ornately carved cornicing, and crystal chandelier add grandeur. It also comes with an integrated wardrobe and a modern electric radiator. In the main bathroom, there’s a stylish suite, including a large free-standing bath with shower, pedestal washbasin, and WC. The room also has a heated ladder-style towel rail/radiator, downlights, and an extractor fan.
The snug room offers a relaxing sofa and plenty of natural light with full-height windows and a door to access the private terrace and surrounding gardens.
Parking at the property comes with a private parking space for one vehicle, as well as shared visitor parking.
The communal gardens are a haven for wildlife, including red squirrels, and provide endless opportunities for outdoor adventures in the beautiful communal wooded grounds covering approximately 2.3 acres. You can step out directly onto Loughrigg Fell and beyond or, take a leisurely walk into Ambleside, where shops, inns, restaurants, and cinemas await.
- Laundry Facilities
- Log Burner
- Boot / Drying Area
- Garden or Outside Areashared communal area
- Smart TV
- Pub within 1 mile
Layout & Access
All on the Ground Floor
- Main Communal Entrance: A welcoming communal area with an original high ceiling featuring ornamental coving.
- Private Entrance Hall: A practical space for storing boots and coats, with an integrated airing/storage cupboard and a modern electric radiator.
- Living Room: With dual aspect, full-height windows open onto a patio with lake and garden views, and a wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen: With breakfast bar, a glazed door to the patio, underfloor heating, textured slate tiled walls, four-ring hob, oven/grill, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, and microwave.
- Bedroom: Double room En-Suite shower room, shuttered windows and double French doors leading to the private patio, integrated wardrobe, and a modern electric radiator.
- Bathroom: With large shower unit, washbasin, bidet, dual flush WC, heated ladder-style towel rail/radiator, downlights, and an extractor fan.
- Outside: Private wrap-around patio area, and communal wooded grounds covering approximately 2.3 acres, providing direct access to the surrounding fells.
- Parking: The property comes with a private parking space for one vehicle, as well as shared visitor parking.
- All gas, electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Friday and Monday changeover
- Initial log supply
- Parking is via permit for the car parks nearby
- Sorry, no dogs allowed